FACTS ABOUT THE JEWELRY
All Bluebillie jewelry is made of .925 sterling silver and 100% free from nickel.
Please note that sterling silver sometimes acquire a dull surface, i.e. become oxidized. The plating surfaces will fade over time because of contact with clothes, hard surfaces, sweat, perfume, hairspray, air pollution and others.
Everyday or very frequent wear, may speed up this process, especially on items like rings and bracelets, which have more frequent contact with surfaces. Please keep the jewelry in the accompanying box when not wearing it. Wipe it off after each use to remove make-up, grease, odors and etc.
The platings are as follows:
14 k yellow gold
Blue Billie uses .925 sterling Silver. Sterling Silver can sometimes acquire a dull surface, i.e. become oxidized. This can be due to the minerals and salts secreted by the body.
All pendants and symbols are plated with a layer of 14 karat gold. The layers of gold plating may naturally and gradually wear off with time.
When not wearing your jewelry you should keep them in a safe and secure place. Please do not keep your jewelry in the bathroom because of the moisture from the shower and sink which will make the sterling silver to tarnish extra quickly. The Bluebillie boxes are a great place to keep your jewelry, but you should keep in mind that it does not protect the sterling silver pieces from tarnishing and oxidation.
- Avoid direct contact with water and chemical products such as soap, perfume etc.
- Do not wear the jewelry when in the swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi or the shower.
- Remove jewelry when doing household tasks.
- Avoid impact with hard surfaces as much as possible.
- Make-up, perfume & hairspray all contain chemicals, which may dull the finish of your jewelry.
- Gently wipe jewelry clean with a soft cloth after each wear to remove make up and oils (from skin).
- Coil chains gently to prevent damage in storage.
- Do not yank or pull the chains.
Remember: You should treat your jewelry as any other wardrobe item.
It is natural for the layers of gold plating to gradually wear off, but by following our care guide it’s possible to slow down the process.
You might at some point want to get a new layer of gold plating, we offer replating when needed for all Blue Billie jewellery at a 200 SEK/20 EUR charge. If needed, get in touch with email@example.com.